TeleHealth Urgent Care
Urgent Care + TeleHealth Near Walnut Creek
If you live in Walnut Creek and need medical help right away, you have easy access to it at Urgent Care + TeleHealth through a doctor video visit or by visiting without having to make an appointment.
Whether you’re dealing with a medical issue, require a prescription refill, or simply want to discuss a health concern, we can typically accommodate you on the same day.
We accept many types of insurance, including Kaiser, and you can see the full list on our website. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We also provide discounts for people with FSA and HSA accounts.
- We can usually see you on a teledoc call on the same day – even on a weekend.
- We take most insurance plans including Kaiser.
- You can follow-up after your telehealth call and come see us in person.
- Our Benicia clinic is a short drive from Walnut Creek.
- We’re proud of our reputation. Check out our reviews!
With our busy schedules, people often struggle to schedule doctor appointments during the workweek. It can be challenging to get an appointment with your regular doctor because they’re usually very busy and are scheduled out three weeks in advance. But if you need advice about a health problem, don’t worry – we’re here to help now. You can talk to us today using a secure app on your phone, or you can visit our clinic in person.
We accept most health insurance plans, including Kaiser, so your video visits are usually covered by insurance (although some plans might require a co-pay). If you’d prefer not to use insurance, we offer discounts if you pay with FSA, HSA or a debit card.
Video visits are a great choice, especially for seniors and others who may have trouble with mobility or transportation. Doctor video visits are also great for people who can ‘t take time off from work. They’re also handy when your regular doctor is unavailable or if you have health questions on the weekend.
Sore Throat or Respiratory Concerns
Ear Ache or Ear Infection Concerns
Paxlovid Antiviral for Covid
Walnut Creek Pharmacy Guide
If you need to order and pick up your prescription from a pharmacy in Walnut Creek after your video visit, just let us know. We can contact the pharmacy and have your prescription ready for you to pick up, often available on the same day as your video visit. Here are a few pharmacy options near Walnut Creek. (Please be sure to confirm their current hours with the pharmacies.)
Here is a list of common issues you can speak to your doctor about during your video appointment:
- Common Colds
- Respiratory Issues
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin Concerns
- Stomach Aches
- Ear Infections
- Eye Issues
- Asking for Prescription Refills
- Stomach and Digestive Issues
- Back, Neck or Hip Pain
- Joint and Knee Problems
How a Video Visit Works
2. Appointment Confirmed by Text
You’ll receive a text confirmation which includes a link to start your video visit.
3. Medical Visit
At your appointment time, click on the text link. You can use your phone or a computer/tablet. You don’t have to download any special apps. When the appointment is over, you are always welcome to schedule a follow-up video or in-clinic visit.
4. Prescription Refills
If your provider recommends a prescription, or you need a refill of an existing prescription, we’ll contact a local pharmacy of your choice usually for same day pickup. Please see our Fairfield pharmacy guide below for some suggestions. *Prescriptions provided at doctor’s discretion and do not include controlled substances.
Directions from Walnut Creek to the Benicia Clinic
While many conditions can be diagnosed online, sometimes it makes sense to come on in for an in-person follow-up visit. The Benicia clinic is open 7 days a week and is a short 16 minute drive from Walnut Creek.
- Start on N Civic Dr. and turn left onto Parkside Dr.
- Turn right onto Lawrence Way toward I-680.
- Take ramp onto I-680 N (Sinclair Fwy). Go for 10.9 mi.
- Take left exit 58A toward I-780/Benicia/Vallejo onto I-780 W.
- Take exit 5 toward Central Benicia/E. Second St.
- Turn sharp left onto E 2nd St.
- Turn right
- Arrive at Urgent Care + TeleHealth: 1387 E 2nd St, Benicia, CA 94510-2836
Walnut Creek and Contra Costa County Senior Medical Resources
Looking for senior medical resources in and around Walnut Creek? Here are some great resources provided by the City of Walnut Creek:
- Social Opportunities:
The Walnut Creek Seniors’ Club offers plenty of recreational, social, and volunteer opportunities, as well as special events and free social services. Head on down to the Civic Park Community Center to become a member!
Civic Park Community Center
9:00AM – 4:00PM, Monday – Friday
1375 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Ph: (925) 943-5851
Need some help getting around? Seniors have two options through the City’s Transportation Program:
- Senior Mini Bus Program: The Senior Mini Bus Program in Walnut Creek offers valuable support to seniors by helping them maintain their independence. This program enables seniors to access essential medical appointments, go grocery shopping, and provides opportunities for social interaction. You can schedule rides anywhere within Walnut Creek for just $1 each way by calling (925) 256-3533. Rides are available from Monday to Friday, between 8:45 AM and 3:40 PM. To book a ride, please call between 9 AM and 10 AM one day before your intended trip. If you’re scheduling a ride for a doctor’s appointment, you have the option to call up to two days in advance of your scheduled ride. For example, if you need a ride on a Monday, please make your reservation on the previous Friday.
- Transportation Program with Lyft: In addition to the regular Senior Mini Bus program, Walnut Creek introduced a Lyft pilot program which offers rides outside of the standard mini bus operating hours, giving Senior Club members the flexibility to reach their destinations within Walnut Creek. The best part is, Lyft rides are completely free for eligible Senior Club members.
- Legal Services:
Contra Costa Senior Legal Services has been dedicated to protecting seniors’ rights and providing free legal services to older residents of Contra Costa for over 40 years. CCSLS offers programs such as legal services, elder abuse prevention, and homeownership protection, among other areas of need.
- Health Services:
There are a variety of options available in the Walnut Creek Area:
- Empowered Aging was created to ensure residents that live in long-term care facilities are free from abuse and receiving quality care throughout Contra Costa, Alameda, and Solano counties. Ombudsman Services investigates abuse claims, provides staff trainings, and serves as a voice for policy change.
- The Lions Center for the Visually Impaired offers services focused on early detection and intervention in order to prevent or slow vision loss from age-related eye disease. Services include vision screenings for seniors, in-home services, and support groups and activities!
- Meals on Wheels Diablo Region is a full-service organization dedicated to improving all aspects of a senior’s quality of life. Services include delivered meals, fall prevention education, companionship, and care management.
- Housing Resources:
In the Walnut Creek area, you have several options to choose from:
- The City of Walnut Creek has 4 subsidized rental housing for seniors. Please visit our Affordable Rental Housing page for more details. There are additional resources on that page, including a County-wide affordable housing list.
- Is your home falling a part, or do you need a grab bar installed? The City of Walnut Creek has partnered with Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley to administer Home Rehabilitation and Emergency Repair loans and grants on a need basis. For more information, please visit Habitat for Humanity’s webpage.
- Eden Council for Hope and Opportunity, also known as ECHO Housing, provides Fair Housing services as well as Tenant-Landlord Services.
- ECHO’s Fair Housing Services aims to end discrimination in housing by providing counseling, investigation, mediation, enforcement, and education. If you have experienced or witnessed discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability, children, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, or any other arbitrary characteristic, please call an ECHO program office (see above link).
- ECHO’s Tenant/Landlord Services provides information to tenants and landlords on their housing rights and responsibilities. ECHO has trained mediators to assist in resolving housing disputes through conciliation and mediation. The primary objective of the program is to build awareness of housing laws and prevent homelessness.
Hospitals Near Me in Walnut Creek
When to Visit an Emergency Room: Urgent Care is an excellent solution for many health concerns, is 80-90% less expensive than an ER, generally has shorter wait times and accepts most insurance plans. However, for life-threatening concerns, we recommend calling 911 or visiting an Emergency Room.
Examples of when to visit an emergency room:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness in one side
- Slurred speech
What They Say
"Very good experience here. Made an appointment this morning, got in quickly , filled out forms online beforehand. Only waited 5 minutes and was seen by efficient, professional doctor. Front staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this office, especially if you are vacationing in Napa!!! ;)"