Allergy Testing and Treatment in Napa, Sonoma and Benicia
Urgent Care and TeleHealth
Occupational Medicine & Urgent Care located in Napa, Sonoma and Benicia
As many as one out of six Americans suffer from allergies. Some people have mild allergies that only bother them once in a while or a few weeks out of the year, while others deal with year-round allergies to just about everything. In the Napa Valley and the Bay Area, budding trees, blooming flowers, and a vibrant cover of fresh green grass, while beautiful, unfortunately, can lead to sneezing and suffering to those affected by seasonal allergies.
Allergy symptoms range from annoying to debilitating. At Urgent Care + TeleHealth, we are pleased to be able to offer comprehensive allergy testing that checks for 72 allergens. If you’ve noticed allergy symptoms and aren’t sure what you’re allergic to, our healthcare professionals at Urgent Care + TeleHealth offer prompt allergy testing for the most common types of allergies.
Benefits of Using Urgent Care + TeleHealth for Allergy Testing
- Same Day Appointments: During allergy season it’s difficult to get an appointment with an allergist. These specialists might be booked for months. At Urgent Care + TeleHealth, we often have same-day or next-day appointments at both of our clinic locations in Napa, Sonoma and Benicia.
- Insurance Coverage: Many health insurance plans cover allergy testing and we accept most plans. Please check with your insurer prior to making an appointment for testing.
- Cash-pay discount: If you are not covered through insurance, we do provide discounts for cash-pay patients who use FSA, HSA, or Debit cards.
- Quick Results: We provide your allergy test results quickly. Most of the time, your results are ready within 1 hour. If your test shows that you have environmental or seasonal allergies, our doctors can suggest treatment options for you.
- Easy Treatment: Allergy treatment is provided through drops, not shots. These drops can be taken in the comfort of your home over the course of several months, so you don’t need to return to the clinic each week.
Allergy Testing and Treatment Q & A
What causes allergies?
There are two stages of developing an allergy. The first stage is exposure. After exposure to an allergen, such as cat dander, your body makes IgE antibodies to these antigens. These antibodies attach to certain blood cells. This causes sensitization. The next time you get exposed to the allergen, your body responds by releasing histamines. These chemicals cause itching, redness, swelling, and possible trouble breathing and shock. Some people have a family history of allergies. This genetic predisposition is common for certain types of allergies, such as dog dander or bee venom.
Why Is Allergy Testing Needed?
Allergy testing helps you and your doctor choose the best treatment for your symptoms. Your customized treatment plan might include avoiding allergens, taking antihistamines or other allergy medications, or taking sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT). These therapies are tailored to your specific allergen.
Sublingual immunotherapy is medication in the form of drops that are placed under your tongue each day at home. You might be familiar with an older form of allergy shots that required weekly appointments with a care provider. But at Urgent Care + TeleHealth, the drop therapy means that no weekly appointments are required, and no doctor supervision is needed during your treatment. Sublingual immunotherapy is also a perfect option for children and it has been shown to be safe and effective.
What Do Allergy Tests Diagnose?
90% of food allergies are caused by foods such as eggs, milk, shellfish, nuts, wheat and soybeans.
Who Should Get Allergy Testing?
Do I Have to Stop Taking Allergy Medicine Before Allergy Testing?
What Should I Expect During Allergy Testing?
What Allergens Will I Be Tested for?
When Can I Start Allergy Treatment?
For more information about allergy testing or to schedule an appointment with Urgent Care + TeleHealth, contact us today.
Services We Provide
What They Say
"Very good experience here. Made an appointment this morning, got in quickly , filled out forms online beforehand. Only waited 5 minutes and was seen by efficient, professional doctor. Front staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this office, especially if you are vacationing in Napa!!! ;)"