TeleHealth Urgent Care
Urgent Care + TeleHealth Near Martinez
If you live in Martinez and need to talk to a doctor right away, Urgent Care + TeleHealth is here to assist you. You can use your phone to have a video call with a doctor, and we offer appointments on the same day you contact us. The doctor can help with different health concerns and might even give you a prescription for medicine that you can get from a nearby pharmacy. If you prefer to see the doctor in person, our Benicia clinic is a short drive away. We accept many types of insurance, like Kaiser, and you can see the complete list on our website. If you don’t have insurance, but would like to pay with a debit card, FSA or HSA account we offer a discount. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Need to talk to a doctor asap? There’s no need to wait for an appointment with your usual doctor. If you are a resident of Martinez, you have convenient access to medical assistance. You can receive medical help through video calls or byvisiting our clinic without the need for an appointment. We accept most insurance plans, including Kaiser.
Whether you’re dealing with a medical issue, need a prescription refill, or simply want to discuss a health concern, we can typically accommodate you on the same day.
For Martinez residents, there’s an exciting new option available: Doctor video visits at Urgent Care + TeleHealth. You can start with a video chat, get a prescription, and if needed, visit our clinic in person.
Many people find it hard to schedule doctor appointments during the work week, and it can be tough to get a quick appointment with your regular doctor because they’re often very busy. But if you need help with a health issue, don’t worry – we’re here to assist you.
Video visits are a great choice, especially for older individuals who may have difficulty moving around or can’t take time off from work. They’re also convenient when your regular doctor is unavailable or if you have health questions on the weekend.
Sore Throat or Respiratory Concerns
Ear Ache or Ear Infection Concerns
Paxlovid Antiviral for Covid
Martinez Pharmacy Guide
If you need to get your prescription from a pharmacy in Martinez after your video visit, please inform us, and we can coordinate with the pharmacy to have your prescription prepared for you. It’s typically available for pickup on the same day as your video visit. Below are a few pharmacy choices near Martinez. Make sure to verify their current operating hours with the pharmacies.
Common issues you can speak to your doctor about during your video appointment:
- Common Colds or Flu Symptoms
- Respiratory Issues
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin Concerns, including Rashes and Bites
- Stomach Aches
- Ear Infections
- Eye Issues
- Asking for Prescription Refills
- Stomach and Digestive Issues
- Back, Neck or Hip Pain
- Joint and Knee Problems
How a Video Visit Works
2. Appointment Confirmed by Text
You’ll receive a text confirmation which includes a link to start your video visit.
3. Medical Visit
At your appointment time, click on the text link. You can use your phone or a computer/tablet. You don’t have to download any special apps. When the appointment is over, you are always welcome to schedule a follow-up video or in-clinic visit.
4. Prescription Refills
If your provider recommends a prescription, or you need a refill of an existing prescription, we’ll contact a local pharmacy of your choice usually for same day pickup. Please see our Martinez pharmacy guide below for some suggestions. *Prescriptions provided at doctor’s discretion and do not include controlled substances.
Directions from Martinez to the Benicia Clinic
While many conditions can be diagnosed online, sometimes it makes sense to come on in for an in-person follow-up visit. The Benicia clinic is open 7 days a week and is a short 9 minute drive from Martinez.
- Get on I-680 N in Vine Hill from Marina Vista Ave
- Continue on I-680 N to Benicia.
- Take exit 5 from I-780 W
- Drive to E 2nd St
- Arrive at Urgent Care + TeleHealth: 1387 E 2nd St, Benicia, CA 94510-2836
Martinez and Contra Costa County Senior Medical Resources
Looking for senior medical resources in and around Martinez? Here are some great resources provided by the city and county.
- Martinez Senior Center: Thee Martinez Senior Community Center provides a space for the 50+ community to gather, socialize, and spend time in an enjoyable and healthy environment. The Martinez Senior Center offers a wide range of health, education, recreation, volunteer and other social interaction opportunities for participants that enhance dignity, support independence, and encourage community involvement.
- Rides: Mobility Matters, Rides for Seniors Service Area: All of Contra Costa County Service: Mobility Matters operates a volunteer driver program, which provides free, one on one, door through door, escorted rides by screened and trained volunteers using their own cars. Telephone: Rides for Seniors: 925-284-6161
Eligibility: Essentially homebound, ambulatory (with or without walking aides) seniors over age 60 who do not have access to safe, appropriate transportation for medical and dental care and grocery shopping. Riders must require door to door escort with elbow or standby assistance to qualify.
Application: Telephone interview with a follow up in home assessment. The application to be completed by a staff member.
- Legal Services:
Contra Costa Senior Legal Services has been dedicated to protecting seniors’ rights and providing free legal services to older residents of Contra Costa for over 40 years. CCSLS offers programs such as legal services, elder abuse prevention, and homeownership protection, among other areas of need.
- Health Services:
There are a variety of options available in the Contra Costa Area:
- Empowered Aging was created to ensure residents that live in long-term care facilities are free from abuse and receiving quality care throughout Contra Costa, Alameda, and Solano counties. Ombudsman Services investigates abuse claims, provides staff trainings, and serves as a voice for policy change.
- The Lions Center for the Visually Impaired offers services focused on early detection and intervention in order to prevent or slow vision loss from age-related eye disease. Services include vision screenings for seniors, in-home services, and support groups and activities!
- Meals on Wheels Diablo Region is a full-service organization dedicated to improving all aspects of a senior’s quality of life. Services include delivered meals, fall prevention education, companionship, and care management.
Hospitals Near Me in Martinez
When to Visit an Emergency Room: Urgent Care is a great choice for many health issues. It’s much cheaper than an Emergency Room (ER), with costs around 80-90% lower, and you usually don’t have to wait as long. Most insurance plans are accepted. However, for life-threatening problems, we strongly advise calling 911 or going to an Emergency Room for immediate help.
Examples of when to visit an emergency room:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness in one side
- Slurred speech
What They Say
"Very good experience here. Made an appointment this morning, got in quickly , filled out forms online beforehand. Only waited 5 minutes and was seen by efficient, professional doctor. Front staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this office, especially if you are vacationing in Napa!!! ;)"