TeleHealth Urgent Care
Urgent Care + TeleHealth in Marin
Need Urgent Care in Marin? Talk to a doctor on a video visit now or come visit us at one of our nearby clinics. We take most primary insurance plans including Kaiser. See full health plan insurance list and please call with questions. We also offer discounts for FSA and HSA accounts.
Visits at a private urgent care clinic (not affiliated with a hospital) are typically 80-90% less expensive than a visit at an emergency room.
Live in Marin County? Get Medical Advice Today with a Video Visit or Come See Us
Most Insurance Plans are Accepted
Do you need medical advice or a prescription medication now? If you live in Marin, you have a new convenient option with a video visit or in-clinic visit at Urgent Care + TeleHealth.
Our clinics are managed by a senior-level emergency medicine physician who has over 30 years experience working at area hospitals. We are proud of our patient service and encourage you to check our our patient reviews.
We can usually take you on the same day, diagnose many issues and fill your prescriptions at a local pharmacy. If you’d rather see us in person, come see us nearby in our Sonoma clinic. Marin County clinics are also opening soon.
If your child is feeling under the weather, or if you need advice on a health concern, we’re here to help.
You can connect with us through a secure and confidential video visit on your smart phone or you can visit at one of our clinics in person. We accept most major insurance plans, including Kaiser, so your video visits are likely covered. We also provide self-pay discounts for those using FSA or HSA plans. We hear from out patients that they have a hard time scheduling appointments with their doctors. Sometimes, they have to wait weeks. With Urgent Care + TeleHealth, you can easily find an available appointment slot, often on the same day.
Alternatively, you can walk into one of our clinics without an appointment and we’ll see you as soon as possible. Our video visits are especially beneficial for seniors with limited mobility, for busy parents, or for individuals who struggle to take time off work. Telehealth visits are also a great option when you can’t see your regular primary care physician or have questions on the weekend.
Marin County Pharmacy Guide
Need to pick up a prescription at a pharmacy in Marin? We can call in your prescription to a local pharmacy so that you can pick it up on the same day of your video visit. Here are some pharmacy locations in North and South Marin County. (Please check with pharmacies to verify current hours.)
Health Concerns We Diagnose on a Telehealth Call
- Respiratory issues, including flu and colds
- Infections of the urinary tract
- Postoperative Check-ins
- Pediatric Concerns
- Birth control and sexual health concerns
- Dermatological or skin concerns
- Abdominal Discomfort
- Infections of the ear
- Eye-related conditions, e.g., conjunctivitis
- Refilling of prescriptions
- Migraines and other headaches
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Back Discomfort
- Concerns about joints and knees
- Fever-related concerns
Need medical advice now? Talk to a provider using your healthcare insurance over your smartphone or computer. No app needed.
How a Marin Video Visit Works
2. Virtual Appointment Confirmed
Receive a text confirmation with includes a link to start your video session.
3. Get Medical Advice
When you are ready for your appointment, simply click on the link using your computer, tablet or phone. You don’t have to download anything. When the appointment is over, you are always welcome to schedule a follow-up visit here in one of our clinics.
4. Prescription Refills
If your provider recommends a prescription, or you need a refill of an existing prescription, we’ll contact a local pharmacy of your choice usually for same day pickup. We can also recommend a pharmacy. *Prescriptions provided at doctor’s discretion and do not include controlled substances.
Sore Throat or Respiratory Concerns
Ear Ache or Ear Infection Concerns
Paxlovid Antiviral for Covid
Marin County Senior Medical Resources
Our providers are often asked about options for seniors and for those with mobility concerns. Here’s some information about resources for seniors and others with disabilities in Marin County.
- Senior Transportation and Paratransit: The Marin Access Mobile Mobility Management Center offers older adults and people with disabilities a variety of options for getting around Marin County without driving. Marin Access participants are residents of Marin County that are age 65+ or are a person with a disability who cannot independently use regular Marin Transit or Golden Gate Transit bus service some or all of the time. As a participant of Marin Access, you’ll gain access to the Catch-A-Ride pilot program, the STAR & TRIP Volunteer Driver programs, Travel Training, and for those that qualify, Marin Access Paratransit and the Marin Access Fare Assistance program1. If you have any questions, contact a Travel Navigator at 415-454-0902 or email@example.com.
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS): The IHSS program in Marin County gives care services at home to people who qualify for Medi-Cal or those who are blind, or have disabilities. The program helps them stay safely in their homes instead of going elsewhere for care. IHSS is paid for by Medi-Cal/Medicaid.
- Health and Social Services: Marin County’s Aging and Adult Services website provides a wealth of information to help seniors including information about caregivers, senior clubs, legal aid for seniors, and housing options for Marin County seniors.
- Vivalon: Vivalon gives information to help older people in Marin County stay involved in the community. They have an office where you can get answers about resources for seniors such as where to find legal or housing help. You can visit them at 930 Tamalpais Avenue in San Rafael or call them at 415-456-9062.
Hospitals Near Me in Marin
When to Visit an Emergency Room: Urgent Care is an excellent solution for many health concerns, is 80-90% less expensive than an ER, generally has shorter wait times and accepts most insurance plans. However, for life-threatening concerns, we recommend calling 911 or visiting an Emergency Room.
Examples of when to visit an emergency room:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness in one side
- Slurred speech
What Patients Say
"Very good experience here. Made an appointment this morning, got in quickly , filled out forms online beforehand. Only waited 5 minutes and was seen by efficient, professional doctor. Front staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this office, especially if you are vacationing in Napa!!! ;)"