TeleHealth Urgent Care
Urgent Care + TeleHealth Near Port Costa
If you need immediate consultation with a physician in Port Costa, CA, Urgent Care + TeleHealth is here to assist you. We offer doctor video consultations for quick guidance through your mobile device. Our aim is to provide same-day appointments, offer diagnoses for a range of health concerns, and make it easy for you to get your prescription from a nearby pharmacy. Additionally, you’re welcome to visit our conveniently located clinics in Benicia. We accept a wide range of insurance plans, including Kaiser, and you can find a comprehensive list of accepted health plans on our website. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions. Furthermore, we offer discounts for individuals with FSA and HSA accounts.
If you live in Port Costa or Contra Costa County, you can quickly access medical guidance through video visits or in-person clinic visits with no need for appointments. We accept most insurance plans, including Kaiser. Whether you need assistance with a medical issue, prescription refills, or want to discuss a health concern, we can usually accommodate you on the same day. If you’re a Port Costa resident, you have a convenient new option available: Doctor video visits at Urgent Care + TeleHealth. Start your healthcare journey with a video consultation, receive a prescription, and if necessary, follow up with an in-person clinic visit.
If you’re having trouble scheduling a doctor’s appointment during the workweek or finding an available primary care doctor, don’t worry. We’re here to help you today, whether you prefer a secure app or an in-person clinic visit. We accept most health insurance plans, including Kaiser, which often covers video visits (although some plans may require a co-pay). If you’d rather pay directly, we offer discounts, especially if you have an FSA or HSA plan.
Video visits are a practical choice, especially for seniors who have difficulty moving around or for those who can’t take time off from work. They’re also a convenient option when your regular doctor isn’t available or if you have health questions during the weekend.
Sore Throat or Respiratory Concerns
Ear Ache or Ear Infection Concerns
Paxlovid Antiviral for Covid
Porta Costa Pharmacy Guide
Need to pick up a prescription at a pharmacy in Port Costa after your video visit? Let us know what is convenient and we’ll call in your prescription so you can pick it up on the same day of your video visit. Here are some pharmacy locations near Port Costa. (Please check with pharmacies to verify current hours.)
Common Concerns Addressed Through Telehealth Consultations
- Common Colds
- Respiratory Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin Issues
- Abdominal Pain
- Ear Infections
- Vision Issues
- Prescription Refills
- Back Pain
- Joint and Knee Ailments
- Concerns Related to a Fever
How a Video Visit Works
2. Appointment Confirmed by Text
You’ll receive a text confirmation which includes a link to start your video visit.
3. Medical Visit
At your appointment time, click on the text link. You can use your phone or a computer/tablet. You don’t have to download any special apps. When the appointment is over, you are always welcome to schedule a follow-up video or in-clinic visit.
4. Prescription Refills
If your provider recommends a prescription, or you need a refill of an existing prescription, we’ll contact a local pharmacy of your choice usually for same day pickup. Please see our Fairfield pharmacy guide below for some suggestions. *Prescriptions provided at doctor’s discretion and do not include controlled substances.
Directions from Port Costa to the Benicia Clinic
While many conditions can be diagnosed online, sometimes it makes sense to come on in for an in-person follow-up visit. The Benicia clinic is open 7 days a week and is a short 16 minute drive from Porta Costa.
- Head toward Erskine St on Canyon Lake Dr.
- Turn slightly right onto Carquinez Scenic Dr. Go for 1.6 mi. then continue on Pomona St. T
- Take the ramp on the right onto I-80 E (Carquinez Brg) toward I-80/Sacramento. Go for 2.6 mi.
- Take the exit toward Benicia/Martinez onto I-780 E.
- Take exit 5 toward Central Benicia/E Second St. Go for 0.2 mi.
- From San Pablo, take the 80 E
- Take the exit toward Benicia/Martinez onto I-780 E
- Take exit 5 for E 2nd St toward Central Benicia/E Second St
- Turn left onto E 2nd St.
- Go for 0.2 mi, then arrive at Urgent Care + TeleHealth
1387 E 2nd St, Benicia, CA 94510
Porta Costa and Contra Costa County Senior Medical Resources
Looking for senior medical resources in and around Porta Costa? While Porta Costa is a small city, here are some great resources Contra Costa County offers:
- Legal Services: CCSLS is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free civil legal services to Contra Costa County residents who are 60 or older.
- Health Services: Contra Costa Health Services provides numerous programs to address the needs of our seniors, including Nutrition, Geriatric Services and more.
- Meals: Meals on Wheels of Contra Costa’s program, helping provide meals to homebound seniors, is designed to be as simple as possible for everyone. Call their region for Porta Costa at Phone: (510) 412-0166
- Aging & Adult Services: We assist older adults, people with disabilities and families to maximize self-sufficiency, safety, health and independence. We serve with compassion and respect for the dignity and self-determination of all adults and families. The Information & Assistance (I&A) helpline is a program of Contra Costa County’s Employment & Human Services Department. Seniors, adults with disabilities, and caregivers may call I&A to speak with knowledgeable social workers to get information, referrals to other services, and assistance with solving problems.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION AND SERVICES CAN I & A PROVIDE?
- Support groups for caregivers of seniors or disabled adults
- Information on health issues related to aging
- Housing resource listings, including low-cost housing
- Information on special transportation services
- Emergency food resources and nutrition sites
- Resources to help with utility payments
- Employment and/or volunteer opportunities
- Resources for hiring in-home help
- Resources for Adult Day Care for caregiver respite
- Medicare counseling referrals
- Resources for emergency response systems and disaster preparedness
- Resources for government and veterans’ benefits programs
CONTACT INFORMATION & ASSISTANCE
Landlines in Contra Costa, call toll free (800) 510-2020
Cell phones or outside Contra Costa, call (925) 229-8434
For people with communication disabilities, please use relay service by dialing 711.
Hospitals Near Me in Porta Costa
When to Visit an Emergency Room:Urgent Care is a great option for many health issues. It’s typically 80-90% less expensive than going to the Emergency Room (ER), and you usually don’t have to wait as long to be seen. Plus, most insurance plans are accepted. However, if you have a life-threatening emergency, it’s crucial to call 911 or go directly to the ER for immediate medical attention.
Examples of when to visit an emergency room:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness in one side
- Slurred speech
What They Say
"Very good experience here. Made an appointment this morning, got in quickly , filled out forms online beforehand. Only waited 5 minutes and was seen by efficient, professional doctor. Front staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this office, especially if you are vacationing in Napa!!! ;)"