TeleHealth Urgent Care
Urgent Care + TeleHealth Near Alamo
Do you need to talk to a doctor right away in Alamo, CA? Urgent Care + TeleHealth can help. You can have a video chat with a doctor using your mobile device. Our aim is to offer you an appointment on the same day, provide diagnoses for different health issues, and make it easy for you to get your prescription from a nearby pharmacy. Additionally, you’re welcome to visit our convenient clinics in Benicia. We accept a variety of insurance plans, including Kaiser, and you can see the complete list on our website. Feel free to call us if you have any questions. We also offer discounts for people with FSA and HSA accounts.
Living in Alamo or Contra Costa County? You can quickly get medical advice through video visits or by visiting our clinic in person, and you don’t need to make an appointment. We accept most insurance plans, including Kaiser.
Whether you need guidance for a health issue, prescription refills, or simply want to discuss a health concern, we can usually see you on the same day.
For Alamo residents, there’s a new and convenient option: Doctor video visits at Urgent Care + TeleHealth. You can start your healthcare journey with a video consultation, get a prescription if needed, and even follow up with an in-person clinic visit.
Lots of people have a tough time scheduling doctor appointments during the workweek, and it’s often hard to get an appointment quickly because many people want to see their regular doctor. But if you need advice about a health problem, don’t worry – we’re here to help. You can talk to us today through a secure app on your phone, or you can come to our clinic in person.
We take most health insurance plans, including Kaiser, which means that your video visits are usually covered by insurance (although some plans might ask for a co-pay). If you’d rather pay without using insurance, we have discounts, especially if you have an FSA or HSA plan.
Video visits are a practical solution, especially for older people who have trouble moving around or if you can’t take time off from work. They also come in handy when your regular doctor isn’t available or if you have health questions on the weekend.
Sore Throat or Respiratory Concerns
Ear Ache or Ear Infection Concerns
Paxlovid Antiviral for Covid
Alamo Pharmacy Guide
Need to pick up a prescription at a pharmacy in Alamo following your video visit? Let us know what is convenient and we can call in your prescription so that you can pick it up on the same day of your video visit. Here are some pharmacy locations near Alamo. (Please check with pharmacies to verify current hours.)
Here are some health concerns you can talk to a doctor about using video calls:
- Common Colds and Respiratory Infections
- Skin Problems
- Ear Infections
- Eye Problems or Infections, like Conjunctivitis
- Asking for Prescription Refills
- Worries about Having a Fever
- Issues with Stomach and Digestion
- Back Pain
- Problems with Joints and Knees
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Stomach Pain
How a Video Visit Works
2. Appointment Confirmed by Text
You’ll receive a text confirmation which includes a link to start your video visit.
3. Medical Visit
At your appointment time, click on the text link. You can use your phone or a computer/tablet. You don’t have to download any special apps. When the appointment is over, you are always welcome to schedule a follow-up video or in-clinic visit.
4. Prescription Refills
If your provider recommends a prescription, or you need a refill of an existing prescription, we’ll contact a local pharmacy of your choice usually for same day pickup. Please see our Fairfield pharmacy guide below for some suggestions. *Prescriptions provided at doctor’s discretion and do not include controlled substances.
Directions from Alamo to the Benicia Clinic
While many conditions can be diagnosed online, sometimes it makes sense to come on in for an in-person follow-up visit. The Benicia clinic is open 7 days a week and is a short 17 minute drive from Alamo.
- Start on Stone Valley Rd. and take ramp onto I-680 N.
- Take left exit 58A toward I-780/Benicia/Vallejo onto I-780 W.
- Take exit 5 for E 2nd St toward Central Benicia/E Second St
- Turn left toward E 2nd St.
- Arrive at Urgent Care + TeleHealth
1387 E 2nd St, Benicia, CA 94510
Alamo and Contra Costa County Senior Medical Resources
Looking for senior medical resources in and around Almo? Here are some options:
- General Information: SeniorCare.com has some great links to a variety of resources.
- Home Life Senior Care: Looking for senior home care services in Alamo, CA? Home Life Senior Care is the premier non-medical home care agency in Alamo, CA. Their caring service makes it possible for the elderly to remain at home for as long as possible.
- Community Resources: Contra Costa County has a great section on their website with a variety of services geared towards supporting the seniors in our community.
- Senior Transportation: Mobility Matters offers ambulatory, otherwise home bound senior residents of Contra Costa County free, one-on-one, door-through-door rides provided by volunteer drivers. These rides are primarily for the purpose of obtaining medical care, groceries, and other basic necessities.
The Rides for Seniors program was added to fill a gap in services for seniors who no longer drive and cannot access other forms of transportation. Unless they are able to use public transportation, paratransit vans, or cabs that provide only curb-to-curb service, seniors often have difficulty in accessing medical care and obtaining basic necessities. In our society, mobility = independence, so without a safe and available alternative to driving, the end result for seniors is often long term institutionalization or deteriorating health.
- Health and Social Services:
Contra Costa County is the home for a vibrant and growing population of older Americans. Contra Costa Health Services provides numerous programs to address the needs of our seniors.
Useful Phone Numbers
Contra Costa County Senior Services
– From within Contra Costa:1-800-510-2020
– From all other locations: 925-229-8434
Alzheimer’s Association 24-Hour Help Line: 1-800-272-3900
Hospitals Near Me in Alamo
When to Visit an Emergency Room: Urgent Care is an excellent solution for many health concerns, is 80-90% less expensive than an ER, generally has shorter wait times and accepts most insurance plans. However, for life-threatening concerns, we recommend calling 911 or visiting an Emergency Room.
Examples of when to visit an emergency room:
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- Weakness/numbness in one side
- Slurred speech
What They Say
"Very good experience here. Made an appointment this morning, got in quickly , filled out forms online beforehand. Only waited 5 minutes and was seen by efficient, professional doctor. Front staff were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this office, especially if you are vacationing in Napa!!! ;)"